3 Ways to Instantly De-stress and Feel Good
From Brexit to juggling over the school holidays. Hearing horrific news stories unfold to coping with an ever-increasing workload…. there are times when the stresses and strains of 21st Century living can be too much.
Expert Monica Black from London’s Belsize Health Clinic, has created a “Little Book of Helpfulness” which offers quick, easy and simple techniques to help reduce anxiety, stress and fears and increase confidence and self-esteem.
Monica created the book as a way to give people exercises that can be done in short, sharp bursts to immediately relieve and relax tensions. There are many exercises and relaxation techniques in the book but here, we look at Monica’s top 3 tips to immediately get that feel good factor:
Tip 1 – To Feel Less Anxious
This helpfulness technique is to “re-calibrate” you when you feel as though you’ve lost control of what’s happening to you at that moment.
LOOK AROUND YOU AND FIND:
- 5 things you can see
- 4 things you can touch
- 3 things you can hear
- 2 things you can smell
- 1 thing you can taste
Tip 2 - To Boost Your Mood and Confidence
Here is a quick and simple technique to give yourself a boost. It can be done as often as you wish:
- Stand up
- Put your shoulders back
- Stand tall and feel as though a piece of string is pulling up your spine and head
- Pull in your tummy
- Close your eyes
- Breath from your tummy (diaphragm) regularly, evenly, slowly
- See standing in front of you, the you, you want to be. The happy confident, secure you.
- Now see, feel and sense that YOU
- Take your time
- When you are ready walk in to THAT YOU
- Feel and sense all those positive good feelings of that other you
- Once you do, press your thumb and index finger together and feel those good positive feelings getting bigger and stronger
- As you breathe slowly in, breath in positive and lightness and breath out any ‘stuckness’, toxicity and anything that is not doing you any good
- Your breath is the anchor of your attention
- When you are ready, open your eyes and bring back with you the new you
Tip 3 – To Build Self Esteem and Confidence
On a final note, you should know that you have a Wise Person inside of you and your Wise Person will never, ever fail you. So when in doubt about anything at all:
- Find somewhere quiet to sit
- Close your eyes
- Breathe slowly
- With every out breath allow yourself to become more settled
- Allow your Wise Person to come to the fore
- Your Wise Person will tell you what to do
- Listen to what he/she has to say
- He/She will always guide you onto the right path so you will know how to move forward.
Belsize Health Clinic is supporting the launch of Monica’s book with some body, mind and soul boosting offers including 20% off their cutting-edge Bee Sting Facials, 20% off their fabulous Pilates sessions with Agile Pilates and 20% off your first session with Monica. Simply quote 'Helpfulness20" when making your booking.
To find out more about these offers or to order a copy of Monica’s book please visit Belsize Health Clinic online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7483 2345.
About Monica Black:
Monica is Master Clinician Hypnotherapist, Master NLP Practitioner, an EMDR Practitioner, Coach, Mindfulness Teacher, Trainer and Media commentator. She is a member of the BATTH, GHR, GHSC, CNHC & The Royal Society of Medicine.